Distance Between Rock Hill, SC and Charlotte, NC
The distance between Rock Hill, SC and Charlotte, NC is approximately 27 miles via I-77 N. It will take about half an hour to drive this route. This is the shortest way to travel between the two cities and is a straight shot, taking you through the heart of the Carolinas.
Travel Time from Rock Hill, SC to Charlotte, NC
The duration of the journey from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC, will depend on the traffic conditions and the route you choose. However, if you take the direct route along I-77, the journey should take about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Estimated Fuel Cost for the Journey from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC
The estimated fuel for the journey from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC, is approximately $3.2. This amount is based on an average fuel economy of 25 miles per gallon and a fuel price of $3 per gallon. (Source).
Popular Routes from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC
The most popular route for the journey from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC, is via I-77. This route is the fastest and most direct. However, some people prefer to take Nations Ford Rd, the longer route of 25.5 miles which takes about an hour. Other routes include S Tyron St and State Highway 49 N.
Points of Interest Along the Route from Rock Hill, SC to Charlotte, NC
The journey from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC, takes you through some charming places.
Here are a few points of interest along the route from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC:
- The Rock Hill Galleria is a shopping center with various stores, restaurants, and a movie theater.
- The Catawba Indian Nation Cultural Center and Museum is a historical and cultural attraction that showcases the history and culture of the Catawba Indian Nation.
- The Carowinds amusement Park is a popular destination with roller coasters, water rides, and live entertainment.
- The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is a beautiful garden with various plants and flowers, walking trails, and a visitor center.
- The U.S. National Whitewater Center is an outdoor recreation area that offers rafting, kayaking, and rock climbing activities.
- The Charlotte Motor Speedway is a famous NASCAR racetrack that offers tours, races, and events throughout the year.
- The Discovery Place Science museum is a great place for families and children that features interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and an IMAX theater.
- The Mint Museum is an art museum that features art from various cultures and historical periods, including American, European, and African art.
- The Bank of America Stadium is home to the NFL team Carolina Panthers and offers tours of the stadium as well as hosting other events.
Alternatives to Driving from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC
Some alternatives to driving from Rock Hill, SC, to Charlotte, NC, include taking a bus, train, or flying.
Taking a bus: Greyhound and Megabus offer regular bus service between Rock Hill and Charlotte. This can be a cost-effective option, but the trip may take longer than driving or taking a train.
Taking a train: Amtrak offers a train service called Piedmont, which runs between Charlotte and Rock Hill. This can be a comfortable option and may be faster than taking a bus, but it may be more expensive.
Flying: Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is the nearest airport to Charlotte, and several airlines offer flights between CLT and other airports. This is the quickest option but also the most expensive and requires additional travel time to and from the airport.
It’s also worth noting that the city of Charlotte does offer a light rail service called the LYNX Blue Line, it may be a convenient option for getting around the city once you arrive, but it does not connect Rock Hill to Charlotte directly.